Over the years, I’ve spent many hours enjoying the Texas Hill Country backroads and searching for wildflowers! Here are some of my favorite roads.
– Fredericksburg to Doss, county roads around Doss, then Hwy 783 to Hwy 87 & Mason.
– Hwy 87 from Fredericksburg to Mason. Esp closer to Mason County, often produces colorful blooms.
– Hwy 16N from Fredericksburg north, Enchanted Rock area, Willow City Loop, then north to Llano, and San Saba.
– Wild Seed Farm offers plentiful planted flowers, as well as shopping.
– LBJ Park near Stonewall Tx
MASON (Mason County):
“Mason Loop” – From Mason take RR 386, turn right on FM 2618, turn right on RR 1900, to Hwy 29 intersection. Choose right to return to Mason or left to Llano.
Muleshoe Bend was a huge 50 ac bluebonnet field in 2015 but it looks like its mostly under water for 2016.
Tow, Bluffton, & around Buchannon Lake area … The dry lake bed areas have been great spots in past years.
Hwy 281 Marble Falls to Burnet
Inks Lake area, Park Road 4
Hwy 29 from Burnet to Llano
HWY 71 near Llano & County Roads around Llano
• Pastures, fields, & land are private property. DO NOT cross fences for photos without permission from property owners.
• “POSTED” = private property = stay out!
• Respect property owners rights.
• Posted signs do not have to be present.
• Fences may not be present.
• Safety first, use common sense
• Please do not crush the wildflowers to get your shot
• Always watch out for snakes
Signed gallery prints, as well as original oil paintings are available for sale.
All Photos are property of © Hill Country Images & Kathy Weigand. Reproductions prohibited. Please do not reproduce (digital or print) without prior written permission from the artist. Thank you for understanding artist’s rights!